Is there a better way to eat two of the best protein-packed foods, black beans and grass-fed beef, than in a gorgeous burrito bowl?! This tortilla-less dish is not only delicious, it also checks off all the muscle building boxes which includes the glutes! If you’re not into grass-fed beef, feel free to use whatever you like; chicken, shrimp, grilled fish or tofu. And don’t forget that rainbow of veggies and a good complex card to round it out and finish it off!
- 4 3- ounce steaks boneless any cut, or protein of your choice
- 4 cups romaine lettuce washed and chopped
- ½ cup Mexican blend shredded cheese or for a tangy kick try goat cheese!
- 1/2 cup sour cream optional
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced onions
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced bell peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- 1/2 cup cooked yellow corn
- 1 avocado sliced
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 5-6 cups cooked cilantro lime rice (recipe below)
- Cilantro lime marinade (recipe below)
Bigger Butt Recipe
- Marinate the steak or protein of your choice in the cilantro lime marinade for 2-3 hours in the fridge. If you are in a hurry you can also marinate the steak for at least 20 mins while you chop all your veggies. After the steak has marinated, heat a heavy-duty pan or griddle and coat with 1 teaspoon of oil, cook the steak for 2-3 minutes on each side then remove and allow to rest for 5 minutes before cutting. After you remove the steak from the pan, add in the sliced onions and bell peppers. Cook your onions and peppers for 2-5 minutes or until the edges are golden brown.
- Chop your veggies and arrange along with the cilantro lime rice in a big bowl or platter. Once the steak is cooked, slice and layer your ingredients in individual bowls. We like to layer rice, lettuce, and then the black beans, tomatoes, and corn, with a layer of steak, onions and peppers next. Top it off with a sprinkle of cheese, a spoon of sour cream and some sliced avocado. Enjoy!
Cilantro Lime Rice
- 5-6 cups cooked white or brown rice
- 1-2 limes
- 1 bunch cilantro
Cook the rice to package specifications. Juice one to two limes depending on personal preference and chop the cilantro. Once the rice is cooked mix all the ingredients together and it’s ready to serve!
Cilantro Lime Marinade
- 1 cup cilantro lightly chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice or juice of half a lime
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 jalapeno lightly chopped for un-spicy remove the seed
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fine pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor for just about a minute. Mixture should be blended, but not as much as a sauce. No food processor? Just chop the cilantro, jalapenos and garlic and mix all ingredients together in a bowl.
- Spicy not your thing? Remove the inside of the jalapeno and wash it under cold water. And be sure not to touch your eyes after handling jalapenos unless you have thoroughly washed your hands! Marinade can be store in the fridge for up to one week. You can also set aside a small amount of marinade that HAS NOT TOUCHED RAW MEAT to drizzle on top!